Grey Slouchie Crochet Beanie Pattern
Check out the full free crochet pattern for a comfy and chic crochet beanie.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A free crochet hat pattern like this Grey Slouchie Crochet Beanie Pattern is just what every woman needs for the winter. Caron International 'Simply Soft' is used in a Grey Heather color, but you can use any color you wish. The puff stitch is used to create a fun design. This free beanie crochet pattern will keep you warm and toasty all winter long. Best of all, it's stylish enough to wear anywhere. Whether you're heading to they gym or hitting the town, you can rest assured that this hat will make a statement. Simply throw this hat in your coat pocket and grab it when the weather gets chilly and you'll be good to go all season long.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn ribbed band pattern, 18 sts and 12 rows = 4"/10 cm.
Finished SizeHat measures 21 (22)"/53.5 (56) cm circumference x 11 (12)"/28 (30.5 cm) deep
- Caron International 'Simply Soft' (100% acrylic; 6oz/170g, 315yd/288m skein) 6 oz Shown in: #9742 Grey Heather
- One size US H-8 (5mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge.
- Yarn Needle
Find even more cozy hats and beanies in our collection of hats you can wear year-round - 33 Crochet Hat Patterns for Every Season
Sizes: Women’s S/M (L/XL)
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each remaining ch across, turn—9 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, working in front loops only, sc in each st across, turn.
Repeat last row until piece measures 21 (22)"/53.5 (56)cm. Fasten off, leaving a long tail. Use tail to sew short ends together to form band.
Join yarn with sl st in edge of band at seam.
Round 1: Ch 1, work 72 (76) sc evenly spaced around edge of band; join with sl st in first sc—72 (76) sc.
Round 2: Ch 3, sk first sc, Puff in next sc, ch 1, *sk next sc, Puff in next sc, ch 1; repeat from * around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch—36 (38) Puffs and 36 (38) ch-1 sps.
Round 3: Ch 3, Puff in first ch-1 sp, ch 1, *sk next Puff, Puff in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; repeat from * around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch.
Repeat last round until hat measures 11 (12)"/28 (30.5)cm from beginning. DO NOT FASTEN OFF.
Close Top of Hat: Last round worked is top of hat. Hook is currently at top, back center of hat.
Keeping loop on hook, insert hook into top, center front of hat, yarn over and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (sc complete). Pinch side edges to the same center point and sc the edges together (by inserting hook through both thicknesses and completing an sc). The top of the hat will now be in a star formation. Continue to pinch opposite edges and sc them together until top of hat is completely closed.
Weave in ends.
- single crochet
- sl st
- slip stitch
- Puff Stitch - Yarn over, insert hook in indicated stitch and draw up a loop (3 loops on hook), [yarn over, insert hook in same stitch and draw up a loop] 3 times (9 loops on hook), yarn over and draw through first 8 loops on hook, yarn over and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.
Need some crochet help? Check out the ultimate list of crochet project ideas, tips, tricks, and more in
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
50+ Crochet Patterns & Beginner Help
Wave Stitch Crochet Beanie
Fave Twist Crochet Headband
Grey Slouchie Crochet Beanie Pattern
Big Pom Big Style Winter Hat
31+ Cute Crochet Patterns for Babies
A Chemo Cap to Crochet
Faux Mistake Rib Easy Crochet Hat
Blue Slouchie Beanie
Blue Beret Crochet Beanie Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Saint Wine Charms
- 21 Pipe Cleaner Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Even Moss Stitch Boot Cuff
- Geometric Painting Coloring Page
- Flower Crowned Hummingbird Coloring Page
- Flower Bunny Coloring Page
- Beaded Stone Paper Weights
- Keep Dreaming Adult Coloring Page
- Ballerina Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Star Stitch Neck Warmer
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home