Everyone loves roses. Why not create a crochet rose flower? This is a beautiful crochet project that you can use as a pin or for your hair. This flower has various colors with yellow centers and stamens.
- Red Heart Yarn, Center – Maize #262 2 yds.
- Red Heart Yarn, Lily Pink #719 7 yds.
- Red Heart Yarn,Yellow #230 7 yds.
- Stamens – DMC #307
- H hook
Center of Flower:
With H hook and maize [leave 30” for behind petals], ch 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join to beg sc and fasten off.
- Front Petals: Work in front loop and petal color, (sc, 2 dc) in each loop around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
- Back Petals: Work in back loop and petal color, (sc, 3 dc) in each loop around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With 6 strands DMC #307 fill entire center of the flower with french knots.
(Continue with Rnd 1 as established in general instructions.)
- If sewing flower directly to crocheted item omit instructions between [ ].
- If continuing a pattern behind the petals of a flower, use all instructions for the flower then crochet the following:
Rnd 1 – (Behind Petals)
With H hook and 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower) work in center of the
flower *sc between any 2 sc, ch 3, cont from * around evenly spacing 3 more
ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off. (4 ch 3 sps)
Continue with your pattern.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 08, 2011
I like the appearance of this rose flower. Under materials what is 'stamens'? Thanks, Bec
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use