Everyone loves roses. Why not create a crochet rose flower? This is a beautiful crochet project that you can use as a pin or for your hair. This flower has various colors with yellow centers and stamens.
- Red Heart Yarn, Center – Maize #262 2 yds.
- Red Heart Yarn, Lily Pink #719 7 yds.
- Red Heart Yarn,Yellow #230 7 yds.
- Stamens – DMC #307
- H hook
Center of Flower:
With H hook and maize [leave 30” for behind petals], ch 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join to beg sc and fasten off.
- Front Petals: Work in front loop and petal color, (sc, 2 dc) in each loop around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
- Back Petals: Work in back loop and petal color, (sc, 3 dc) in each loop around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With 6 strands DMC #307 fill entire center of the flower with french knots.
(Continue with Rnd 1 as established in general instructions.)
- If sewing flower directly to crocheted item omit instructions between [ ].
- If continuing a pattern behind the petals of a flower, use all instructions for the flower then crochet the following:
Rnd 1 – (Behind Petals)
With H hook and 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower) work in center of the
flower *sc between any 2 sc, ch 3, cont from * around evenly spacing 3 more
ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off. (4 ch 3 sps)
Continue with your pattern.