A Creative Case for Crochet Hooks
What are some good stocking stuffers for crafters? How about a Creative Case for crochet hooks from Red Heart Yarn? It's easy to make and is a unique homemade gift. Ideas like this are just too good to pass up!
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- Red Heart® Super Saver® Art. E300 available in solid color 7 oz (198 g), 364 yd (333 m); multi color, heather and print 5 oz (141 g), 244 yd (223 m), flecks 5 oz (141g), 260 yds (238 m) skeins: 1 skein 629 green tones
- Crochet hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Button, ⅜” diameter
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 13 sc = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge given.
• Foundation Single Crochet (fsc): *Insert hook in ch, draw up a loop, ch in new loop, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook (counts as 1 ch and 1 sc); repeat from * to make required number of sts.
NOTE: Single crochets are worked in space between stitches unless otherwise indicated.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Ch 2, beginning in 2nd ch from hook, work 20 fsc.
- Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc between each st across, turn – 20 sc.
- Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 3” from beginning, end with a right side row.
- Top Fold Row (Wrong Side): Ch 1, turn, working in front loop only, sc in each st across – 20 sc.
- Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 7” from Top Fold Row, end with a right side row.
- Bottom Fold Row (Wrong Side): Ch 1, turn, working in front loop only, sc in each st across – 20 sc.
- Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 5” from Bottom Fold Row, end with a right side row. Fasten off.
- Fold bottom to right side along Bottom Fold Row. Working through both layers, work sc to join layers together along one side edge to Bottom Fold Row, working in back loops only, slip st in each st across, work sc to join layers together along opposite side edge. Fasten off.
- With right side facing, join yarn at edge of Flap and work backwards sc around to center of Row 1, ch 21, slip st in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across to Flap edge for Tie, work in backwards sc around to opposite edge of Flap. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
- Sew button on bottom section opposite Tie.
- Divide bottom in desired number of pockets and mark. Work running stitches through both layers to secure pockets.