Cute Bee Crochet Pattern
With a small amount of yellow, black and white yarn, you can create an adorable amigurumi baby bee from Red Heart Yarn. Give as a gift, use to decorate a child's room, or let this cheerful bee keep you company at your desk. This is an easy pattern that anyone could make, and if you're new to the wonderful art of amigurumi, you're in for a treat! This little bee is sure to awaken your love for making fun and adorable crocheted toys for all your friends and family.
Find this and other fun amigurumi patterns at "19 Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns"!
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Bright Yellow (A)
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Black (B)
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in White (C)
- 3.75mm [US F-5] crochet hook
- Split-lock stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- 2 small black dome buttons
- Small amount red pearl cotton
Gauge: 16 sc = 4”; 20 rnds = 4” in sc. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Size: Bee measures 6” tall.
Work in continuous rounds of sc without joining unless otherwise indicated. Place a marker in first stitch of round and move up each round.
Head and Body
Begin at top of head with A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnd 2: 2 Sc in each sc around – 12 sc.
Rnd 3: [Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc] 6 times – 18 sc.
Rnd 4: [Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc] 6 times – 24 sc.
Rnd 5: [Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc] 6times – 30 sc.
Rnds 6-12: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 13: [Dec] 15 times – 15 sc.
Neck-Rnd 14: [Sc in next 3 sc, dec] 3 times – 12 sc.
Body-Rnd 15: [Inc] 12 times – 24 sc.
Rnds 16 and 17: Sc in each sc around. Cut A. Stuff Head.
Rnds 18-21: With B, sc in each sc around. Cut B.
Rnds 22-24: With A, sc in each sc around.
Rnd 25: Dec] 12 times – 12 sc.
Rnd 26: [Dec] 6 times – 6 sc. Fasten off.
- Finish stuffing. Weave yarn tail through remaining 6 sc, draw up firmly to gather; fasten securely.
Wing (Make 2)
With C, ch 7.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next ch, hdc in next 2 ch, dc in next ch, 6 dc in last ch; working on opposite side of ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next 2 ch, sc in last 2 ch; turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, dc in next st, 2 dc in each of next 6 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, sc in last 2 sts; turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, slip st in each st around. Fasten off.
- Sew in place on back of bee.
Leg (Make 6)
- With B, ch 7; 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, slip st in last 5 ch. Fasten off. Sew in place.
Feelers (Make 2)
- With B, ch 10; slip st in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off.
Read NextCute Crochet Doll