31 Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
Find easy amigurumi patterns and slightly more challenging crochet patterns in this collection.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Amigurumi…hard to say, easy to do!
Crochet amigurumi is the Japanese technique of crochet that literally combines the word “ami”, meaning to crochet or knit, with the word “nuigurumi”, meaning stuffed animal or doll. With these 31 free amigurumi crochet patterns, you’ll find yourself falling in love with this new craze in no time!
The more popular amigurumi patterns are animals, so we’ve included lots of free amigurumi crochet patterns that are animal-themed. Crabby the Crab would turn any frown upside down and the Year of the Tiger Crochet Pattern would be a great gift for babies born in 2010!
Naturally babies and young children love stuffed animals, so free crochet animal patterns are great when it comes to making gifts for little ones. New baby boys are sure to love the Blue Bunny pattern, and little girls can cuddle up with the soft pink Teddy Bear Crochet Pattern. But when it comes down to it, amigurumi crochet toys are perfect for kids of all ages.
And it’s never too early to be thinking about Christmas, so we were sure to include lots of free amigurumi crochet patterns for the holidays! Projects like the Amigurumi Snowman & Friend and the Crochet Scrooge would make great gifts for anyone on your list. Mr. and Mrs. Christmas Mouse would be just the thing to make for a couple celebrating their first Christmas together.
So you've seen how cute amigurumi projects can be and I bet you're wondering how to crochet amigurumi. If you can crochet in rounds, you can make any of these amigurumi animals. Many of them are easy amigurumi patterns! Don’t be surprised if you soon get hooked on amigurumi.
BONUS! Don’t forget to sign up for the FaveCrafts newsletter, Quick and Crafty, for daily crafts and tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Table of Contents
For more amigurumi fun, check out more great ideas in 15 Easy Amigurumi Crochet Patterns for Summer
Animal Amigurumi Patterns
These plushie patterns pay tribute to the animal kingdom and include a wide range of furry, slimy, and fuzzy friends to get you started. Enjoy making these wonderful free crochet patterns today. Before you know it, your home will be full of excellent crochet toys that you can enjoy for yourself or give away to your kids and grandkids. Don't be afraid to branch out enjoy these wild and wonderful easy amigurumi patterns.
- Crabby the CrabThis crab is anything but crabby! If you need a smile or something to brighten up a room, let Crabby the Crab do the work.
- Cute Bee Crochet PatternThis cute bee crochet pattern is sweeter than honey! With a small amount of yellow and black yarn, this little smiling bee can be yours!
- Freddy the FroggyIt may not be easy being green, but it sure is easy to make your very own Freddy the Froggy! Give him to your Prince Charming or keep him for yourself!
- Great Whale AmigurumiWith a smile as big as himself, this whale amigurumi project is great for anyone who loves the ocean.
- Year of the Tiger Crochet PatternIf you know a baby who was born in 2010, this Year of the Tiger crochet pattern would make a great gift. He's cuddly and cute, but fierce enough to keep away the bad dreams!
- The Girlgang Amigurumi PatternsThe gang's all here with this whimsical collection of animals all dolled up in little dresses. Enjoy this amigurumi animal pattern today.
More Animal Amigurumi Patterns
- Pomp Poodle in PinkThis fashionable and fabulous Pomp Poodle in Pink is a great gift for your girlfriends! Know a dog lover with allergies? This little lady is guarenteed not to shed!
- Pink PigThis cute little piggie will huff and puff his way into your heart!
- Amigurumi Antonio the FrogThis adorable froggie is great for little boys and girls. The best thing about it is that you don't have to clean up after this little guy!
- Blue Crochet KittyMeow! This cute kitty is waiting for a home. Crochet this adorable cat with Diane's free crochet pattern.
- CrochtopusThis little guy makes a great gift for a child or octopus enthusiast. Use these free amigurumi patterns to make your own.
- Jenny Cat Crochet PatternFor an irresistible idea, check out this cute animal crochet pattern. This zany cat will make everything more fun.
Amigurumi for Baby
Check out these free crochet toy patterns that will make the little ones in your life giggle with joy. Crochet baby toys like these are a lovely way to welcome a new baby into the world or celebrate your grandkid's first birthday. From bunnies to monkeys to dolls, there's an amigurumi animal pattern for everyone here. Enjoy these amazing crochet animal pattern ideas, and don't be surprised if you can't stop making them.
- Blue BunnyA cute and cuddly gift for a new baby boy, this Blue Bunny is easy to make and fun to give.
- Buddy the BearBuddy the Bear is just the toy to welcome a new baby into the world. Give him as a baby shower gift or a 1st birthday gift.
- Bunny ToyThis bunny toy would be perfect as an Easter gift for your little one. Stick him in the Easter basket for a fun and cuddly surprise!
- Teddy Bear Crochet PatternThis Teddy Bear Crochet Pattern is pretty in pink, but you could easily make it in whatever color you'd like.
- Rainbow Teddy BearIf you can't decide on a color, try this Rainbow Teddy Bear! He would be a great gift for a couple who is waiting to learn the sex of their baby.
- Soft Plush MonkeyThis soft plush monkey is just begging to be cuddled! This would be a great gift for any child!
More Amigurumi Patterns for Baby
- Crochet Owl ToyKnow a little one who's graduating kindergarden or maybe starting school for the first time? This Crochet amigurumi owl toy would make a wonderful good luck gift!
- Chick Amigurumi PatternThis sweet little chick is great for a new baby. Made with soft yarn, this easy amigurumi pattern works up quickly.
- Cute Crochet DollAny easy crochet pattern like this one is great for any young girl. Bright shades of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton are used for this cute pattern.
- Caped Crusader DollIt's no secret who the best super hero is...with a slew of awesome gadgets, cars, and costumes, Batman is a hero among heroes...and you can pay tribute to this awesome nocturnal crime fighter with this Caped Crusader Doll.
- Princess and FrogThe baby in your life will grow up to appreciate this whimsical fairy tale craft. You'l fall in love with this adorable duo amigurumi crochet pattern.
- Strawberry Crochet Amigurumi BearsYou won't be able to resist these sweet strawberry bears. Go to town this with fun plushie pattern today.
Christmas Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
There's nothing like a snowstorm to get you in the creative spirit. The next time you're snowed in for a while, try one of these free Christmas crochet patterns. You could make them as stocking stuffers or create your very own DIY Christmas decor. The possibilities are endless when you pursue one of these amigurumi patterns. Don't delay, because it's never too early to get started on Christmas crafts. Whatever time of year it is right now, you'll be excited to bring them out every year during the holidays.
- With this snowman family crochet pattern you can make a whole slew of snowmen while sitting by the fireplace in your slippers! These would make great family gifts or decorations for your mantel.
- Christmas Santa BearThis Christmas Santa Bear is a great stocking stuffer idea! Fill his little toy sack with candy or other little goodies!
- Amigurumi Snowman & FriendThis snowman & friend would look cute on your windowsill this holiday season. Plus you can leave it out for as long as there's snow on the ground!
- Crochet ScroogeBah hum-bug! No one wants a grump on Christmas...so make this Crochet Scrooge to cheer up any gloomy family members or friends.
- Mr. and Mrs. Christmas MouseA newly married couple will love these Mr. and Mrs. Christmas Mouse amigurumi crafts! For once they will be overjoyed to have a mouse in their house!
- Crochet Lightbulb OrnamentsDecorate your tree with these colorful crocheted ornaments. These easy crochet projects are also great to use as gift embellishments for your holiday packages.
- You'll adore this winsome Olaf-Inspired crochet pattern. Make it for a someone in your life who's a fan of the popular movie!
Want more fun? Then you need to check out these
What amigurumi pattern would you love to try that you haven't yet?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home