Rustic Ripple Afghan
Crochet this tranquil ripple afghan in neutral colors with this rustic ripple afghan pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. The rustic ripple afghan will keep you warm and add style to your living room.
- 135-300 Hometown USATM Yarn: Kansas City Wheat: 3 Balls
- 135-301 Hometown USATM Yarn: Santa Fe Tweed: 3 Balls
- 135-303 Hometown USATM Yarn: Cambridge Tweed: 3 Balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size N-13 (9 mm)
- Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
Size: One Size
About 36 x 29 in. (91.5 x 73.5 cm)
Gauge: 1 ripple = about 6 in. (15 cm) over pattern. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Stitch explanation: dc3tog (dc 3 sts together) Yarn over, insert hook into st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops. (Yarn over, insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through 2 loops) twice, yarn over and draw through all loops on hook - 2 sts decreased.
- To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete st. Fasten off old color.
- Each dc3tog 'valley' is always worked over a dc3tog 'valley' on the previous row, and each 3-dc group 'peak' is always worked in the center dc of a 3-dc 'peak' on the previous row.
Color Sequence: *Work 2 rows with A, 2 rows with B, 2 rows with C; rep from * for Color Sequence.
With A, ch 76.
Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook, *dc in next 4 ch, dc3tog, dc in next 4 ch, 3 dc in next ch; rep from * 4 more times, dc in next 4 ch, dc3tog, dc in next 4 ch, 2 dc in last ch - 6 ripples at the end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in first dc, *dc in next 4 dc, dc3tog, dc in next 4 dc, 3 dc in next dc; rep from * 4 more times, dc in next 4 dc, dc3tog, dc in next 4 dc, 2 dc in top of turning ch. Change to B.
Rows 3 and 4: With B, rep Row 2 twice. Change to C.
Rows 5 and 6: With C, rep Row 2 twice. Change to A.
Rows 7 and 8: With A, rep Row 2 twice. Change to B.
Rows 9-20: Rep Rows 3-8 twice.
Rows 21-24: Rep Rows 3-6. Do not change color at the end of Row 24.
Weave in ends.