Ombre Ripple Baby Afghan
Make this ombre ripple baby afghan from Lion Brand Yarn for a cute baby gift. This crochet baby ripple afghan pattern is quick and easy, and it yields stylish results.
- 823-103 Baby Wool Yarn: Coral: 2 balls
- 823-102 Baby Wool Yarn: Peony: 2 balls
- 823-132 Baby Wool Yarn: Papaya: 2 balls
- 823-172 Baby Wool Yarn: Pear: 2 balls
- 823-157 Baby Wool Yarn: Sunflower: 2 balls
- 823-174 Baby Wool Yarn: Sprout: 2 balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size N-13 (9 mm)
- Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
Skill Level: Easy
Size: One Size
About 26 x 28 in. (66 x 71 cm)
Gauge: 1 ‘ripple’ + 5 1/2 rows = 5 in. (12.5 cm) in ripple pattern. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Stitch Explanation: dc3tog (dc 3 sts together) Yarn over, insert hook into st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops. (Yarn over, insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through 2 loops) twice, yarn over and draw through all loops on hook - 2 sts decreased.
- Throw is worked with 2 strands held together throughout.
- The color of one of the 2 strands is changed at the end of each row.
- To change color, work last st with old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete st. Fasten off old color.
With 1 strand each of A and B held together, ch 64.
Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook, *dc in next 4 ch, dc3tog, dc in next 4 ch, 3 dc in next ch; rep from * 3 more times, dc in next 4 ch, dc3tog, dc in next 4 ch, 2 dc in last ch; change to 1 strand each of B and C - 5 ripples at the end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in first dc, *dc in next 4 dc, dc3tog, dc in next 4 dc, 3 dc in next dc; rep from * 3 more times, dc in next 4 dc, dc3tog, dc in next 4 dc, 2 dc in top of turning ch; change to 1 strand each of C and D.
Row 3: Rep Row 2; change to 1 strand each of D and E.
Row 4: Rep Row 2; change to 1 strand each of E and F.
Row 5: Rep Row 2; change to 1 strand each of F and A.
Row 6: Rep Row 2; change to 1 strand each of A and B.
Row 7: Rep Row 2; change to 1 strand each of B and C.
Rows 8-31: Repeat Rows 2-7 four more times.
Weave in ends.