Tie Dye Creations
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Brighten up your wardrobe and be creative with these tie-dye projects from I Love to Create that are fun for the whole family. Bring out your inner flower child or add your own colorful flavor to a favorite t-shirt.
- Tulip® Dye Techniques Kit™
- Tulip® SuperBIG™ One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™
- Tulip® Custom Dye Color Kit™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- 100% cotton shirt, or natural fibers
- 2 gallon plastic container
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
- Coordinating thread
- Pin backing
- Large spoon, extra long handle
- Fabric scraps
- Wash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with Tulip® Surface Cover™. Lay damp shirt out flat on prepared surface.
- Starting in the bottom right corner of shirt, pull section of shirt into a tube shape and wrap a rubber band around section about 2” in from corner. Continue pulling shirt into a tube shape and wrapping rubber bands around it, creating eight sections. Note: Sections do not have to be evenly spaced apart; create different sizes for interest and variation.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to all dye bottles from the Tulip® SuperBIG™ One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™ to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye is dissolved. Squeeze a different color of dye onto each rubber banded section of shirt.
- Cover shirt with Dye Surface Cover™ and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Remove rubber bands and wash shirt separately in washing machine in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer.
Olive Oil Tee
- Cover work surface with Tulip® Surface Cover™. Set plastic container on covered surface and wearing rubber gloves, follow Tulip® Custom Dye Color Kit™ booklet instructions to create Olive Oil dye (or desired color).
- Dye shirt according to booklet instructions. When dying process is complete, wash and dry shirt as directed.
- Bonus: Flower Pin
- Create a floral accent pin for your shirt using leftover fabric scraps from previous projects. Make sure to save your scraps throughout the year!
- Cut 3” x 5” strips of 3 different but coordinating colors of fabric. Hand stitch ends together to make one long piece. Fold in half and stitch along cut edges and pull thread to gather fabric. Fold under end and start rolling into a loose flower shape circle, stitching along the way to hold gathers.
- Cut 4” squares for the leaves. Fold in half and then fold the top outer corners to the bottom. Stitch along the cut edges to hold in place.
- Cut a 3” circle of felt and stitch the flower to the center. Tuck 3 leaves around the edges and stitch in place. Cut away excess felt and stitch on a pin back.
Perfect Pinwheel Shirt
- Cover work surface with Tulip® Surface Cover™.
- Wash shirt to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener. Place damp shirt on covered surface and smooth flat with hands.
- To create swirls, pinch fabric toward lower edge then make a small swirl. Pinch another section of fabric swirling in different direction. Continue swirling remaining fabric.
- Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles for the Tulip® Dye Techniques Kit™ with water to lines indicated. Replace caps then shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Carefully remove cap from one of the dye bottles and replace with spray nozzle. Start spray on paper towels then spray dye on a few sections of shirt. Remove spray nozzle and clean with running water then place on another color of dye. Spray onto different sections of shirt, letting colors blend at edges. Repeat step with last color on remaining portions of shirt.
- To dye other side of shirt, scrunch fabric together then carefully flip over on clean section of plastic. Repeat steps to dye shirt.
- Let set for 4 to 6 hours then wash separately in washer with small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer and iron smooth.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Honeycomb Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Yarn Wrapped Chicks
Stocking Butterfly Kids Craft
21 Pipe Cleaner Crafts for Kids and Adults
Buddy Up With Your Finger Friends
Kids Summer Crafts House Project
Flamingo: Kids Summer Crafts
17 Kids Sunday School Crafts
Homemade Fidget Spinner
"22 Summer Crafts for Kids" eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Aligned Cobble Stitch Pillow Crochet Pattern
- Aligned Cobble Fingerless Gloves Crochet Pattern
- Iceland Poppy
- Retro Messy Bun Hat Crochet Pattern
- Lilac Roped Bag Crochet Pattern
- Striped Sunglasses Pouch
- Beginner Sewing
- Cake in a Can Surprise
- Flat Felled Seam Tutorial
- Easy Breezy Buttoned Cowl Crochet Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home