Shimmering Clay Tiles
Discover simple techniques using polymer clay, Luminarte Primary Elements, and stamps to make these gorgeous Shimmering Clay Tiles by Marti Wills. With some color pigments and a lot of creativity, you can learn how to make polymer clay tiles that can be used as embellishments for books, cards and gifts. You can also use these tiny tiles as charms in your jewelry making. There are so many stamps available, that you can make a whole pile of unique embellishments. This project only requires a few steps, and the finished tiles are absolutely breathtaking.
- Polymer clay - white, black and/or glittered works best
- Pasta machine or clay roller
- A variety of rubber stamps and/or texture plates
- Luminarte Primary Elements powders
- Work the clay to soften it. Put the clay through the roller to flatten.
- Lay the clay over your stamp or texture plate. Press gently and then lift off.
- Lightly touch your finger tip to one of the powders and gently rub the powder across the clay piece. The powder will catch the raised portions of the clay and make your image pop. You can also add beads at this stage.
- Cut your clay to desired shape and size. Bake tiles according to the package directions.
Read NextAngel of Crafting