Joyful Stenciled Christmas Sign
Rustic Christmas crafts like this are so lovely.
Make a lovely wooden Christmas sign for your wall this year. This DIY Christmas sign includes darling festive phrases in the shape of a Christmas tree! If you love the pallet crafts trend, this is a great rustic craft. Learn how to stencil this project easily and hang it on the wall in a particularly bare spot. The different fonts used add interest to the painting project, and the sizes of the words help it fit nicely into a Christmas tree shape! If you love monochromatic art, you'll adore this project.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Project TypeMake a Project
- FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Chalk - White Adirondack, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Chalk - Rich Black, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Stencil Value Packs - Holiday, 12" x 12"
- FolkArt ® Brush Sets - Soft Grip - Wash Brush Set
- Folkart ® Brushes - Stencil, Premium, 5/8"
- Folkart ® Paint Tools - Stencil Tape
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces - Pallet Plaque, 15-3/4" x 11-3/4"
- FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Tools - Layering Block
- Medium-grit sandpaper
Basecoat pallet with White Adirondack. Allow to dry.
Very lightly stencil the words of the tree in Rich Black just so you will know where to paint the black rectangles. This is only a guide for placement.
Tape off each word that you stenciled lightly and paint over Rich Black using the stencil brush. Allow it to dry and then stencil the words in White Adirondack. Allow to dry. Sand to distress.
Optional: Use the layering block to add extra distressed areas as shown in photo. Dip the block into the Rich Black and then dab onto a paper towel to remove excess. Run the block along the sides of the pallet and then very, very lightly along the slats.
What is your favorite holiday decor in your home?