Faux Christmas Icicles
If you want to decorate the inside of your house with icicles--or maybe the weather is too warm for outdoor icicles--you'll have to use these Christmas craft ideas from Teres Whitney to make faux Christmas icicles! Watch this video tutorial to learn how.
- Glue gun and Hot glue
- Ring, I use 1, 1 1/2 and 2 inch PVC pipe cut in 1/2 wide slices
- Very thin fabric like lace or netting.
- Wire for hanger
- Cut a long triangle the length you want your icicle with a top width to go around your ring. Sew or glue one side of the triangle to form a closed triangular tube.
- Insert ring in the outside of the tube and bring cloth around top then slip stitch in place.
- With about a 3 inch piece of wire; loop around opposite sides to form a loop to hang with.
- Use a drapery clip or some other type of clip to weight the bottom while you are adding drip of glue.
- Starting at the top glue the lapped fabric in place and then bring strips of glue from the top all the way down to the bottom all the way around. This form the first base. Let cool.
- With the first layer has cooled, take the "weight" off the bottom and add more glue. Continue to add and cool until you have a thick enough layer that the icicle does not bend, this will take 4 to 5 layers.