Quilted Christmas Treat Jar
Decorate a simple mason jar for those special Christmas treats. This quick and easy project will make your canned gifts look even more beautiful this holiday season. This Quilted Christmas Treat Jar would be a delight for anyone to open on Christmas day. Everybody loves homemade Christmas gifts, especially when they are both cute and practical. This jar will warm the hearts of your loved ones and truly sweeten their holiday. Use your imagination and fill it with some Christmas magic.
Find this project, and many more, in our free eBook, 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Decor, and More.
- Empty glass canning jar
- 100% cotton fabric with a Christmas theme
- 1/4” red satin ribbon
- Misc. buttons in red and green colors
- 1/16” Ribbon 002 Gold
- #8 Braid 009 Emerald
- #12 Braid 008 Green
- Diamond Beadlets
- Shallow pan or tray
- 8" X 10" sheet of red liner, heavy duty double sided Treasure Tape
- Cut out squares from your Christmas fabric (in our sample, we used teacup blocks and a patch with the words “Christmas Tea” printed on the fabric). Set aside momentarily.
- Cut a rectangular piece of Treasure Tape from the 8x10 sheet to fit like a belt around the middle of your jar. Remove the white backing from this tape and attach it to your jar.
- Using leftover pieces of Treasure Tape, cover the jar lid.
- Peel off the red liner from the tape on your jar and begin embellishing: lay the fabric squares first, then the red satin ribbon, then the buttons. Lay the gold ribbon along the top and bottom as a decorative border, and fill in other sticky areas with the green braid colors.
- When embellishing is complete to your satisfaction, lay the jar in your shallow pan and cover all remaining sticky areas with the Diamond Beadlets. Shake to dislodge loose beads.
- Do the same with the jar lid to decorate it, then use your personalized, embellished holiday jar as a decoration or gift.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Christmas Crafts"
Hundreds of free craft projects for Christmas decor or homemade Christmas gifts. Decorate your home for less with Christmas craft projects, ornament projects, holiday wreaths and more. Give festive Christmas gifts with these craft projects.
Sign Up for Free Holiday Crafts