Flower and Leaf Candle Wedding Centerpiece
The beautiful, soft colors of this floral arrangement is perfect wedding reception centerpiece decor, or great for a bridal or baby shower. They are so easy to create, easily cut to size and no one will ever guess you made them yourself!
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- 18" x 12" x 2" Block
- Ivy garland, 6' length, two
- Small pink silk daisies, 12
- Glass votive holders, four
- Pink votive candles, four
- Quilt batting
- Decorative or scrap paper, at least 8" x 14"
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- White craft glue, thick
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
For pattern, click here.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and mark one 8" x 14" rectangle (A) and two 2" x 4" rectangles (B) onto foam block; cut out. Cut one B rectangle in half lengthwise to create two 1" x 2" x 4" pieces (C).
- Refer to diagram and use glue gun to glue B lengthwise to center top of A, forming 4"-tall structure. Glue C pieces to ends of B piece as shown.
- Use glue gun to glue votive holders to foam in straight line, two on top of B piece and one to top of each C piece.
- Wrap batting around votive holders, extending batting to edges of A; secure batting to foam with glue gun.
- Trace 8" x 14" base onto decorative paper and cut out; glue to bottom of foam.
- Cut 40 medium-sized leaves from ivy garland. Beginning at top edge of A, use glue gun to glue leaves to batting-covered foam; allow leaves to drape downward to cover foam. Continue adding leaves until batting is completely covered right up to edges of votive holders.
- Cut four larger leaves from ivy garland; use glue gun to glue one leaf to center front of arrangement, one to center back, and one to each side of votive holder grouping.
- Cut 18 medium-sized leaves from ivy garland; use glue gun to glue leaves to foam beneath first row of leaves attached in Step 6. Foam should be completely covered; trim leaf points as needed.
- Use wire cutters to trim daisy stems to 1" length. Glue and insert daisy stems into foam around base of votive holders as shown.
- Place candles in votive holders.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Wedding Centerpieces"
There are no records