Eagle Divers Friendship Bracelets
These eagle divers friendship bracelets are made with love for your closest friends. Learn how to make friendship bracelets for kids or adults using friendly plastic in whatever colors you want!
- Red Friendly Plastic
- White Friendly Plastic
- Tandy Leather Factory Soft Leather Trim Black
- Tandy Leather Factory Suede Lace Black
- Aleene’s Jewelry Glue
- Ranger Glossy Accents*
- Large hole metal beads
- Small hole punch or awl
- Toaster Oven with pan
- Aluminum foil
This design used the oven method for using the Friendly Plastic. You can discover other techniques at www.Amaco.com. Avoid leaving Friendly Plastic or completed friendship bracelet around excessive heat, as it will melt.
- Preheat toaster oven to 250 degrees and cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut Red Friendly Plastic into 1” x 1/2" rectangles. Cut thin strips of white Friendly Plastic cutting across the smallest width.
- Place red rectangles onto aluminum covered pan. Place white strips diagonal onto the red rectangles. There will be some overlap at each corner. You want at least a 1/16th overlap of the white strip. This will be trimmed later.
- Place pan into pre-heated toaster oven. Watch until the white melts into the red plastic. There is a definite sheen to the pieces. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Never leave oven unattended.
- Once cool, trim the excess white from corners. Place flags on a covered work surface.
- Optional: Add Glossy Accents to the top of the flags. Start at the outside and work in. Go slowly so liquid doesn’t “over-flow” the sides. If you get some over-flow use a small brush to remove the excess. Allow drying 24 hours. Flags look great with or without the Glossy Accents. The Glossy Accents just adds more depth and dimension.
- Cut leather trim into 1 1/2" x 1”. Punch a small hole at each side for lacing.
- Glue flag to leather trim piece. Allow to dry completely
- Thread lacing through the holes of the leather trim. Add a bead to each side, then knot lacing beside each bead. Your friendship bead is complete!
*Note: My creative friend Jana Ewy gave me a great tip: You can also use EnvirTex as the sealer for your flags. Glossy Accents and EnvirTex help project the Friendly Plastic and give a high gloss to the project. Just follow the instructions for EnvirTex and apply with a fine tipped bottle*
Read NextAquamarine Bracelets