Flowers and Butterflies Onesie Baby Shower Craft
Whether you're a new mommy yourself or celebrating the arrival of a cute little one, you'll love this Flowers and Butterflies Onesie Baby Shower Craft. Baby shower activities and gifts have never been so meaningful or more creative. Simply set out markers and stamps with some blank white onesies and let people unleash their creativity. Butterflies and flowers are always great motifs for baby clothes because they signify freedom and new beginners. This is also a great DIY baby shower gift to make and give. Even if you aren't heading to a shower or throwing one yourself, you can enjoy this baby shower craft.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- White short-sleeved vest for baby 3-6 months of age
- Jablo foam rubber stamps: Cosmos (Code PF007) and Butterflies Galore (Code JC007)
- Giotto Decor Textile pens: red; green; black; ultramarine blue; neon pink and neon yellow (website http://www.fila.it/en/)
- Acrilex Acrilpens: 513 Verde Musgo (dark green); 565 Vinho (purple) and 531 Marrom (brown) (website http://www.acrilex.com.br/produtoDetalheI.asp?id=2)
- Baby shampoo
- Two sheets of ordinary white printer paper
- Iron and ironing board
- Before starting with the design, wash the vest in baby shampoo and rinse it thoroughly in cold water to remove any sizing agent from the material. Do not add fabric softener.
- Allow the vest to dry thoroughly and iron it lightly to remove any wrinkles from the material.
- Put the vest flat on the working surface. Fold the printer paper in half and slide inside the vest, between the back and front sides of the vest this will prevent the ink from staining the back side. Keep this paper in place until you have ironed the design.
- Use the neon pink Giotto pen to add detail around the sleeves of the vest.
- Use the larger cosmos stamp, the purple Acrilpen and neon yellow Giotto pen to stamp a flower onto the bottom part of the vest. Color the stamp with the pens, then place the stamp onto the vest and press down on the stamp to transfer the image. Carefully lift the stamp and allow the stamped flower to dry thoroughly.
- Use the two smaller cosmos stamps and the neon pink and neon yellow Giotto pens to add two more flowers to the vest.
- Choose one of the butterfly stamps, and use the ultramarine blue and black Giotto pens to add three butterflies to the vest.
- Use the red Giotto pen to add detail to the butterflies’ wings.
- Add green and brown squiggly shapes to the floral part of the design. Use the brown pen to add stems to the smaller cosmos flowers.
- Use the red Giotto pen to add some red dots to the floral part of the design.
- Cover the design with a sheet of unprinted paper and iron it to set it.
Read NextNo Sew Baby Hat