Autumn Harvest Centerpiece
This lovely centerpiece from Krylon is sure to be admired by friends and family at Thanksgiving dinner. Find this craft project and 29 other decorations, table accents and more in the Thanksgiving Crafts eBook.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Bauhaus Gold (#51801)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Georgia Clay (#53531)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Glistening Gold (#401)
- Krylon Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive - Clear (#7020)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Gold Leaf (#SCS029)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - Gray (#51318)
- 1 trailing silk ivy plant
- 18" artificial pine wreath
- 6" clay pot
- 6" × 6" green candle
- 9" diameter metal candle saucer
- 1 or 2 wired stems with berries
- 1 orange maple leaf garland
- Oak leaf picks – 2 yellow & 1 multicolor
- 24 yellow and orange fall flowers
- (2) 9" × 12" sheets .005 acetate
- Crafty Magic Melt® glue sticks
- Glue gun with needle nozzle
- Small wire cutters
- Fine line permanent marker
- Craft knife
- Self healing mat
- Shape wreath into oval, measuring approximately 14" × 9" by squeezing wire form.
- Trace oak leaf and maple leaf on sheets of acetate. Cut out. Apply Easy–Tack to back of stencils. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Stencil candle with Gold leaves. Let paint dry 30 minutes before removing and relocating stencil. Use tip of craft knife to scratch veins in leaves. Set aside.
- Spray clay pot with Gray Primer. Let dry. Spray with Bauhaus Gold and Georgia Clay for a mottled finish. Let dry. Spray candle saucer Gold. Let dry. Turn clay pot upside down and glue candle saucer to top. Set aside.
- Spray wreath lightly with Bauhaus Gold and Georgia Clay, leaving some green areas. Let dry. Set aside.
- Lightly mist flowers and leaves with Gold Leaf paint. Spray all flowers and multicolor oak leaves with Glistening Gold Glitter. Let dry.
- Assemble centerpiece: Place candle on upturned pot in center of wreath. With wire cutters, cut: (2) 16", (4) 12", (2) 6" and (4) 4" lengths of ivy; cut flower stems to 4" to 6" lengths, maple leaves with stems from garland, and oak leaves from picks. Arrange ivy with longer lengths at ends of wreath and shorter lengths along sides. Arrange flowers, berries and leaves on wreath. Refer to photograph for suggested placement. When satisfied with arrangement, glue all elements to wreath.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Read NextFriendly Paint Stick Scarecrow