This remix cuff tutorial by the Double Stitch Twins shows you how to remix some old denim into a trendy cuff using some easy crochet techniques. Use this free crochet pattern to remix your wardrobe.
- 4 by 6 inch swatch of denim fabric
- 1 skein, Red Heart Yarn: Super Saver (multi – bikini)
- 3 ¾ inch buttons
- 4.0 crochet hook
- Large Eye Needle
- Sewing Needle & Thread
Base Loop Stitches:
- With a 14 inch strand of yarn and tapestry needle, weave yarn in and out along the width edge of denim swatch, forming 4, ¾ inch loops evenly spaced across, turn. Create a 2nd row of loops directly above the first set of 4 (8 loops total), fasten off
- Row 1: Join yarn through 1st , 2 stacked loops on bottom right side of denim swatch, ch 3, (counts as 1 dc), dc 2 into same 2 stacked loops (total 3 dc), * dc 3 into next 2 stacked loops, repeat * across, turn
- Row 2 – 8: Ch 3, (counts as 1 dc), dc into 2nd dc from hook, dc into each dc across, turn
Row 9: Ch 2, (counts as 1 hdc), hdc into 2nd dc from hook, * ch 1, sk next dc, hdc into next 2 dc, repeat twice more, hdc into next dc, fasten off.
Sew each ¾ inch button on width end of denim swatch directly across from the corresponding eyelet.
- Base loop stitches take the place of foundation chains in remix patterns
- Increase # of Rows to fit (bicept)
Read NextEasy Crochet DIY Eyeglasses Case