Double Stitch Twins: Erika and Monika Simmons
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Double Stitch is the brainchild of the multi-talented twin designers Erika and Monika Simmons. This collection of fun and flirty hand crochet apparel has it all - one of a kind construction, a limitless use of color, plush fabrication, silhouettes that flatter all body types and twin designers that demand as much attention as the head turning garments they produce.
Since the unofficial launch of the line Christmas, 2002, Double Stitch has leaped to the top of the 'ones to watch' list. The concept that started as holiday gift giving created a demand that rapidly expanded into a line of fun and flirtatious designs. The newest line consists of daring, new-age concepts that include dresses, dusters, jackets, skirts, shrugs, hats, scarves, sleeves, apron tops, chokers, and ponchos that transcend fads and seasons.
The Double Stitch Label has been featured on Fashion 5 and Style Watch on NBC, WGN morning Show, ABC News, 190 North on ABC, Fox Morning News, CLTV's Metromix TV, The New York Times, WWD, Time Out Chicago, Chicago Magazine, Uptown Magazine, The Craft Report, Interweave Crochet Magazine, CS Magazine, Lake Magazine, Sophisticates’ Black Hair Magazine, Black Hair and Beauty Magazine, Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune, N'Digo Profiles, N'Digo Magazine, New City Magazine, Red Eye, Red Streak, and the Chicago Defender. Editorial credits include, Brides Noir and Upscale Magazines, EBONY Magazine 2008.
Double Stitchs' collaborations with Vosges Haut Chocolate, W Hotels, NBC 5 street team, The Goodman Theatre, Soft Sheen Carson and the Chicago Office of Tourism has brought crochet apparel into the forefront of Couture Fashion. Double Stitch was also featured in the Macy's Chicago Designer Shop 2006 and the Ebony Fashion Fair tour 2006/2007.
Double Stitch has developed a far reaching fan base from New York City to Los Angeles. Celebrity vocal fans also include, Jennifer Hudson, Floetry, Kindred the Family Soul Artist, Aja, Common, Eve, and the fabulous Patti LaBelle. Actress Rachel True of UPN's Half &Half, Chelsey Cooley (Miss USA 2005), Abiola Abrams, host of “BET J: The Best Shorts”, reality tv star Lauren of " Beauty and the Geek ", and Isis of America’s Next Top Model are all Double Stitch fans.
The newest project by Double Stitch includes their very first book of crochet patterns, entitled Double Stitch: Designs for the Crochet Fashionista, published by Interweave Press. In the spirit of the growing Do-it-yourself trend, Erika and Monika frequently conduct crochet workshops at Yarn Shops, Boutique’s, and Café’s in Chicago and abroad upon request.
Also, look out for original crochet designs and patterns created by the Double Stitch Twins as they are elated to be a part of the Red Heart Yarn design team!
Projects at FaveCrafts
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie