10 Minute Crochet Headband Pattern
If you're short on time but want to make something completely unique, follow this 10 Minute Crochet Headband Pattern and create something completely unique. This project is perfect for beginners and can be worn for any occasion. You only need three strands of yarn and a crochet hook to complete this project, so you can make it on a train or during a car trip. While you're at it, make one for all of your favorite ladies - it's a great gift option.
- 3 colors of yarn (or you could do all the same color if you’d like) – I used a mix of yarns: Redheart Soft in white, Caron Simply Soft in light and dark purple.
- Crochet Hook – US I9/5.5 mm.
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch (U.S.)
- Measure the head of the person you are making the headband for.
- Leaving at least a 6″ tail of yarn, using the chain stitch, make a chain 3″ less than your desired length. Keep your tension consistent along the entire chain – medium to firm tension.
- Now add in your new color, making sure to leave at least a 6″ tail of yarn (if you aren’t sure how to add in a new yarn color into your stitches please watch this great video tutorial here - the video shows how to change colors using a single crochet stitch but the concept is the exactly the same for the chain stitch). Once you change to your new color, cut off you end of yarn from the first chain you made so that there is at least a 6″ tail.
- Chain the new colour until it’s the same length as the first ( to check, grab the end where the 2 colors were joined, hold the cut ends and fold the second color over so that the 2 chains are now side by side).
- When the 2 chains are the same length, connect them by making a slip stitch into the last stitch of the first chain.
- Add in the third chain color by following steps 3 – 5.
- Trim the final color yarn end so that there is at least a 6″ tail.
- Take the 3 loose cut ends and braid them together and then tie off with a knot on the end. Repeat again on the other end.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet Accessories"
Find the best free crochet patterns for accessories including jewelry, brooches, belts and more.