Snowman and Angel Ornaments
Create this snowman and angel holiday ornament set from AMACO and ring in the holiday cheer!
- FIMO® Soft Polymer Clay — White (#0), Black (#9), Cherry Red (#26), Brilliant Blue (#33), Emerald (#56), Sahara (#70), and Caramel (#7)
- Blush (optional)
- AMACO® Needle Tool
- AMACO® PolyBlade or Craft Knife
- AMACO® Polymer Clay Template
- Index Card
- Baby Wipes
- BODY: Roll a 13/4" and a 11/4" ball of White FIMO® Soft. Stack the smaller ball on top of the larger. Shape two 5/8" White balls into long teardrops. Place these on each side of snowman for arms.
- Step 2SCARF: Flatten Brilliant Blue FIMO® Soft to 1/8" and cut a strip 1/4" wide by 3" long. Wrap this strip around neck of snowman and trim. Shape two 3/8" balls into triangles. Draw in fringe marks with a needle tool. Press these to side of scarf as shown in picture. Press a 1/4" ball to create knot.
- HAT: Flatten Black FIMO® Soft to 1/8". Cut out a 11/2" circle (use polymer clay template as your guide). Press over top of snowman. Roll a 7/8" Black ball. Flatten on top and bottom then press over brim. Wrap a 1/8" strip of Brilliant Blue FIMO® Soft around brim of hat. Roll three 3/16" Cherry Red balls and press onto hat for berries. Shape three 3/16" Emerald balls into teardrops and add leaf veins with needle tool. Add these to berries. Repeat this step for berries to embellish the front.
- FACE: Roll a 1/4" Cherry Red ball and press to center of face for nose. Poke holes for eyes with needle tool and draw in the smile.
- BODY: Shape a 11/4" ball of White FIMO® Soft into a cone. Press indentations to bottom of cone to create ruffle with a needle tool. Make some long and some short.
- ARMS: Roll two 5/8" White balls into cones and press indentations into the thick end as you did on the body. Roll two 1/4" balls of Sahara and press one to each thick end of arm for hands. Cut out a 1/2" circle and indent with needle tool all around to create scallops for neck. Press over neckline and insert toothpick. Trim toothpick to 1/2" above neckline.
- HEAD: Press a 7/8" Sahara ball over toothpick.
- HAIR: Flatten Carmel FIMO® Soft to 1/8" and cut out a circle the size of a nickel. Press over head. Roll two 1/2" logs and shape into tapered logs. Press the thin pointed edge to each side of the head for pigtails. Roll skinny snakes of clay, twist and add to perimeter of head for bangs. Roll a 1/8" log 3/4" long of White clay and create a circle. Press circle to top of head for halo.
- FACE: Press a tiny ball of Sahara FIMO® Soft into center of head for nose. Poke holes for eyes with needle tool. Draw in smile and brow marks with needle tool. Add a touch of blush to cheeks (optional).
- WINGS: With White FIMO® Soft roll four logs 1/8" by 11/2" long. Roll into a jelly log. Repeat. Place two rolls together and press rolls to back of angel for wings. Repeat this for the other side. Finish by pressing a ball in the center of the wing rolls as shown in the picture.
- CANDY CANES: Twist a log of Cherry Red and White together. Cut into 11/2" length and bend. Press into front of Angel.
Bake both projects in a pre-heated oven at 265°F (130°C) for 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool.
This project is included in our free eBook 11 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations. You'll want to download it today!