Christmas Knitting Wreath
If you are a knitting fan, create this jolly Christmas knitting wreath with the colors of red and green. You only need a small amount of yarn to cover what are actually inexpensive foam balls.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Balls, 12 each: 2"; 1-1/2"; 1-1/4"; fifteen 1"
- Wreath, 12" x 1-1/4" x 3/4"
- Spray paint, metallic gold
- Sport-weight yarn, 1-3/4 oz. balls, two each: hunter green; cranberry red; cream
- Knitting needles, one pair each: cable; #10, 9-3/4" long
- Gold-tone stitch holder
- Railroad board, 8-ply, 22" x 28" sheet
- Cloth-covered floral wire, 18" length
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Trace foam wreath twice onto railroad board. Cut out shapes and glue to front and back of foam wreath. To make hanger, fold floral wire in half and wrap around wreath ring to form loop; twist ends to secure.
- Completely cover wreath by wrapping uneven bands of yarn around board-covered foam. Secure yarn at beginning and end with thick glue; let dry. Note: If available, loosely clamp wreath in place to hold while wrapping; protect wreath with towel to prevent damage.
- To knit wreath "bow," cast on 20 sts. K16 rows red, K6 rows cream, K2 rows green, K6 rows cream, K40 rows red, K6 rows cream, K2 rows green, K6 rows cream, K16 rows red. Bind off. Spray paint all knitting needles gold; let dry.
- Gluing yarn at beginning and end with thick glue, wrap three foam balls of each size, except 1" balls, with a different color yarn. Wrap each group of five 1" balls with a different color.
- Refer to photo and use glue gun to adhere yarn balls to wreath. "Pin" bow to yarn balls on left side using crossed #10 needles at 10 o' clock position. Cross cable needles through a yarn ball on opposite side. Pin stitch holder to a third yarn ball.
Read NextDIY Red Christmas Button Wreath
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Dec 24, 2014
Railroad Board is a smooth, thin, bristol-type board, colored on both sides, that is used for signs, posters, mailing cards, tickets, tags, and so forth. I found this on a website called Blick, I just googled railroad board and lots of things popped up. I know this is incredibly late for an answer, hopefully it will help someone.
Nov 02, 2009
What is railroad board and where does one find this?
Oct 24, 2009
Railroad board? Never heard of it.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use