Floral Birdhouse Home Decor
This springy Floral Birdhouse makes a wonderful DIY home decor accent for any room in your home. All the birds outside will be jealous that they can't live in this humble abode! No matter what your painting level, you can easily make a house to suit your decor style. This is a fun and easy project for a rainy day and a wonderful way to bring the beauty of spring and summer into your home. You could also give this lovely birdhouse as a gift for Mother's Day, a new housewarming, or give it as a birthday gift for a dear friend.
- Laurie Speltz's Instant Images - Floral Journal Template
- 3/8 in. Duo Tool
- 1/4 in. Duo Tool
- Americana Acrylics in the following colors: Snow White, Lavender, Baby Blue, Deep Burgundy, Hauser Medium Green, Bright Orange, Pistachio Mint, Foliage Green
- Patterned scrapbook paper
- Wooden birdhouse
Use patterned papers to cover large areas like the roof for perfect striped areas.
- Basecoat bottom of birdhouse Pistachio Mint, roof and perches Baby Blue.
- Spatter house with Lavender and again with Hauser Medium Green.
- Bottom vine design is done using Foliage Green and then pouncing lightly with Hauser Medium Green.
- Base flowers with Bright Orange. Pounce Deep Burgundy around edge for shading. Add overlay flowers, dots, or doodles with Deep Burgundy. Dot with Snow White; embellishments are Bright Orange.
- Base other flowers with Baby Blue. Stipple Lavender around edges or add overlays of small flowers in middles as desired. Embellish with dots, hearts, and doodles of Baby Blue, Snow White, and Lavender.
- Adhere ribbon around center of birdhouse.
- Cut patterned paper to fit roof and adhere.