DIY Rustic & Refined Clock
Replacing a glue gun with Instant Krazy Glues unique craft formula to create the DIY Rustic & Refined Clock avoids messy glue strands, enables you to re-position the numbers for perfect placement, and turns a re-purposed cable spool into custom clock for your mantel. This project would make a perfect gift for a family member or friend.
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Krazy Glue 20g Craft No Run Gel with Skin Guard
- Elmer’s Carpenter’s Wood Glue
- Cable spool
- (6) 1/4" X 1” X 24” poplar boards
- Clock mechanism
- 3” metal numbers
- Wood stain
- Sand paper
- Begin by removing the top from the cable spool.
- Cover the cable spool top with the poplar boards. Adhere the poplar using Elmer’s Carpenter’s Wood Glue and staples.
- Cut around the edge with the jigsaw and sand the edges for a smooth finish.
- Flip over and using drill bits, drill holes through the 1/4″ poplar to recreate the holes in the spool (minus the large one in the middle). The
larger holes required a 1″ paddle drill bit. Drill a hole in the middle to allow the shaft of the clock mechanism to fit through.
- Stain the poplar and let dry.
- Begin arranging the metal numbers and attach them with Krazy Glue®. Set the clock hands to 12:00 and glue those numbers down first.
- Work around the clock, turning the minute hand until the hour hand hits each hour. Glue the remaining numbers down.
- Let the glue set and enjoy!
Read NextFamily Fence Coat Hanger