Vintage Suitcase Wedding Card Holder
This Vintage Suitcase Wedding Card Holder from Mitzi Curi is perfect for holding all your wedding cards. Decorate it with vintage images of your family for a keepsake that you'll want to hold on to for years to come. You can even store all your cherished wedding mementos in this suitcase when the big day is over. Keep it in your closet or under the bed and share it with your daughter on her big day!
- A small vintage suitcase with an interior color you are pleased with
- Spray paint for the outside (I used Heirloom Ivory by Krylon)
- Laser printed pictures of brides and grooms or other wedding images
- Lace, fringe and trim for interior of case
- Faux doves for interior of case (optional)
- Feathers or floral arrangement for interior of case (optional)
- Paper ephemera for interior garland (I used sheet music and brown craft paper)
Clean exterior of suitcase and dry thoroughly.
Spray paint two coats of paint. I paint right over the hardware and handle.
After your paint has dried thoroughly, use basic decoupage technique to adhere images where you want them.
Decorate the interior of the case with trims and a garland.
- For the inside of the case, I tacked some fringe around the edges to soften the hard lines of the suitcase. Then I made a garland from lace and paper ephemera attached to two vintage cotton doves. I used pins to secure the doves so that I could remove them when I wanted to shut the suitcase.