Handmade Wedding Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Just because the economy is down doesn’t mean you can’t have your dream wedding, exactly the way you always imagined. DIY weddings, which stands for do-it-yourself weddings, are also sometimes referred to as homemade weddings or handmade weddings, are all the rage in the wedding planning world these days. So the Wedding Craft Editors here at FaveCrafts.com have put together this handy resource, complete with everything you need to know about how to make your own wedding cake, handmade wedding centerpiece ideas, details on how to make your own wedding invitations, and more great wedding craft ideas. Spend the time to piece together the most important day of your life by hand, with the help of your bridesmaids or spouse-to-be and save some big bucks for that dream honeymoon!
Table of Contents:
Do It Yourself Wedding Centerpiece Tips and Video
Top 3 Favorite handmade Wedding Invitations
Other great free wedding crafts
Make your Own Wedding Cake Tips and Video
Great DIY wedding ideas and collections
- Don't make your centerpiece too tall or too wide on tables where people will be eating. The last thing you want is for your guests to be unable to communicate with those across the table from them. Shorter is usually best.
- Consider varying the sizes of the centerpieces -- they will look more unique and there's no rule that says they have to be identical.
- Be careful when using real flowers -- you should be wary of those with strong scents as they may irritate some of your guests with allergies.
- Using a mirrored base will make your centerpiece look larger.
How-to Make Pick a Vase for a Floral Wedding Centerpiece:
Create these gorgeous wedding invitations using craft punches and calligraphy pens.
By Sue Eldred for Uchida of America, Corp.
- Clever Lever Super Jumbo Scalloped Heart Punch
- Clever Lever Jumbo Daisy Punch
- Clever Lever Standard Daisy Punch
- DecoColor Extra Fine Silver
- DecoColro Silver Calligraphy Pen
- Paper Trimming Buddy: Straight Blade
- Mini Glue Tape
- Wedding Faded Paisley (D ja Views )
- Vellum 40 lb.
- Adhesive Pearls (K & Company)
- Black & Grey Cardstock
- Accu-Cut Die A-7 Card Foldout #4
- Xyron Sticker Machine with Permanent Adhesive
- Glue Stick
- Cut Invitation base out of black cardstock using an Accu-Cut Die Cutting Machine and the Accu-Cut Die A-7 Card Foldout #4.
- Size computer generated Wedding Information so that it can be cut 4 1/2 x 6 1/2. Print Wedding information onto 40lb. Vellum and run through Xyron Sticker Machine to get an even coat of adhesive on the back of the vellum. Adhere to the Wedding Faded Paisley scrapbook paper and cut to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2. Add glue tape to back of paisley paper and adhere to a piece of dark grey cardstock 4 3/4 x 6 3/4. Adhere to inside of black wedding invitation base.
- Cut a 1 x 11 strip of Wedding Faded Paisley, adhere to 1 1/4 x 11 piece of black cardstock, then adhere layers to a 1 1/2 x 11 piece of grey cardstock. Gently fold around invitation so that each end of the layers meet in the middle of the invitation. Adhere ends together.
- Punch two Super Scalloped Hearts one from the Silver Wedding Texture scrapbook paper the other from black cardstock. Glue the two hearts together. Using the Silver Calligraphy Pen, add a thin silver line around the front of the scrapbook heart. Add small dots with the Extra Fine Silver Deco Pen in each scallop.
- Punch two daisies from both the standard and jumbo daisy punches. Adhere both daisy sets together so that you can see all petals. Glue smaller daisy on top of larger daisy, add small adhesive pearl to middle of daisy. Adhere to middle of the Invitation Band to cover seam.
- An Irish Wedding Frame
A great gift for a bride and groom with an Irish heritage!
- Truly, Madly, Deeply Bridal Journal
Never forget the memories of your big day; keep them all in one place with this beautiful bridal journal.
- Unity Candle
Incorporate your handmade wedding crafts into the ceremony with this elegant unity candle to symbolize your eternal bond to your new spouse.
- Practice makes perfect -- make sure you work on several practice cakes before attempting the real deal for your big day.
- Do your research. Flip through bridal magazines for a starting point on your own cake and sketch your original design ahead of time.
- Keep the weather in mind when selecting a frosting -- some buttercreams fare better in hot, sunny weather than others. The last thing you want after all your hard work is to see your cake melting away.
- Be prepared by having the proper tools. Making a wedding cake may require that you pick up some of the more unusual tools ahead of time. Think about getting some piping tips and fondant smoothers for the frosting and some wooden dowels and cardboard bases for the tiers.
How-to Make a DIY Wedding Cake
- The Garden Flowers Collection Save-the-Date Cards, Reception Favors and more
- The Heartfelt Collection Scrapbook Page, Ring Bearer Pillow, RSVP cards and more
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone loves super easy crochet afghan patterns, and this Foolproof Afghan really fits the bill. This one skein pattern is warm,… Continue reading: "Foolproof Afghan Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Reveal The Letter Colour Pages
- Cookies In A Jar Mason Jar Gifts
- Sleepy Time Molly
- Easy Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Christmas 2020 Crochet Ornament
- Charismatic Pillow
- Kelsey Stocking
- C2c Tiny Fall Leaf Cup Afghan Square
- Exfoliating Orange Slice Soap
- Lottery Ticket Christmas Napkin Holders
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home