Shades of Purple Dress
Create this beautiful dress from I Love to Create for your daughter. The different shades of purple really make it stand out. All you need is Tulip One-Step Fashion Dye and you'll be stylin.
- Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™
- Dress, white silk
- Laundry soap
- Spray bottle
- Plastic tablecloth
- Prewash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets. Do not dry dress.
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay damp dress on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottle. Replace cap tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- Pour dye from bottle into spray bottle. Add water to fill bottle. Shake well.
- Spray bottom half of dress first, applying dye about ¼ of the way up. Spray back of dress.
- Fill spray bottle with more water. Shake well.
- Spray next to dark purple color and up to about midway on dress, front and back. Refer to photo.
- Fill spray bottle with water and spray remaining white areas of dress, front and back.
- Cover dress with plastic tablecloth. Let sit 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Line dry.