Simple Mirror & Tile Wall Art
Keep it simple and classy with Simple Mirror & Tile Wall Art from Heidi Borchers. Using broken tile and mirror pieces, you can create a cool project that's sleek and elegant. Add rhinestones and metal shapes to add depth and dimension to your piece.
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer – Gloss
- Wood plaque
- Miscellaneous tiles (mosaic, wall and floor and mirror tiles, mirror)
- Cool2Cast shapes
- Acrylic paint – black & white (or colors of your choice)
- Paint brushes – fine line and 1/4″ shader
- Embellishments – miscellaneous metal shapes, rhinestones
- Rub ‘n Buff – gold
- I like to paint some of my more porous wall and floor tiles.
- Brush with acrylic paint. Set aside to dry. Spray with Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer. Set aside to dry.
- Paint Cool2Cast shapes. On the cameo piece, I like to use a fine line brush to paint along the detail line and then paint the outside with the shader brush.
- My tile art is built on a wood plaque. For the base of this project, I painted my plaque black so that it gives the appearance of black grout. Set aside to dry.
- I like to trace my plaque shape onto brown paper and then lay out my tile, mirrors, Cool2Cast and metal pieces for exact placement.
- If you want to change the color of your metal shapes, you can use Rub ‘n Buff or acrylic inks to create the colors of your choice.
- I glue all of my pieces onto my painted plaque with Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Create a Tile and Mirror Plaque.
Read NextLove Never Fails Free Printable
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.