Number Mash Up Wall Art
This Number Mash Up Wall Art from Jessica Hill is a great way to add some texture to an empty wall in your home. You could even use this dollar store wall art idea to put your address on your house! Wall sculpture art like this is easy and fun to make.
- Cabinetry samples or a variety of wood blocks
- House numbers
- Removable poster strips
- Masking Tape
- Assembling the individual plaques is simply a matter of marking and drilling small holes in each piece of cabinetry, and then screwing or nailing the numbers in place.
- I used contrasting screws to play up the industrial feel of the piece, and also because that was what I had on-hand!
- Because the plaques are so light, I was able to hang them with removable poster strips. I was also able to mount the "3D" (the 3 and the 8 ) plaques directly onto other plaques, which saved me the headache of how to hang them.
- I marked the eye line with a strip of masking tape and hung the middle row of plaques beneath it. From there, it was just a matter of eyeballing the placement of the other plaques (a luxury afforded to me by the poster strips).
Read NextStop and Stare Wall Art