Glam Chevron Clock
Redo a plan clock by adding some of your own personality! This clock craft shows you how to turn any old clock into a Glam Chevron Clock using scrapbook supplies and embellishments.
- Glitter Glitz: colors of your choice (P K Glitz)
- Ritzy Ditzy Glitz: colors of your choice (P K Glitz)
- Sticky Tape (P K Glitz)
- WonderFilm (P K Glitz)
- Sticky Paper (P K Glitz)
- Patterned Paper
- Embellishments of your choice
- You will need to start with a clock that you can take apart. The best place to find these are at a discount store.
- Once you have removed the cover from the clock, also remove the hands and the paper face. If you cannot remove the clock face, then work over the top of it.
- This clock was slightly different than most I have done in the past, but it still worked just fine. Just place Sticky Tape around the edge of the clock and around the center. Cut out a circle from patterned paper the diameter of your clock face. Add any embellishments such as numbers, dots, brads, etc. Remove the covering of the Sticky Tape and adhere the circle to the clock. (I used the Custom Brad Technique found in the P K Glitz classroom for the minor numbers on my clock)
- Add Sticky Tape to the hands of your clock. If you have a second hand, then punch (or cut) a small circle from WonderFilm for the round center. Remove the backing from the tape and apply your choice of glitter.
- Assemble your clock prior to adding the flowers. Once you are sure that the clock is working properly, make flowers using a variety of styles such as our Dimensional Flowers; Paper Flowers; Ritzy Ditzy Glitz Flowers; punching from Sticky Paper, and adding glitter to rolled paper flowers.
- You can also add Ritzy Ditzy Glitz to embellishments like I did with the butterflies. I used a hot glue gun to make sure the flowers and embellishments held well to the clock.
Read NextFaux Fur DIY Wall Hangings