Garden Decor Wall Art
Liven up your living space with this beautiful wall art that brings the colors of your garden into your home. Flower art doesn't go out of style.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets: two 1" x 12" x 36"; one 1" x 12" X 12" sheet
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12", 7 - 10 sheets, heavier weight
- Acrylic craft paint, to coordinate with paper
- Paint brush
- Sharp pencil
- T-square, optional
- Utility knife with new blade or serrated kitchen knife and old candle
- Craft pins
- Craft sticks
- Hook & loop picture hangers
- Thick, white craft glue
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Cutting plan
- Referring to cutting plan (link to PDF above), use straight edge and pencil to mark cutting lines on 12" x 36" x 1" sheets of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam.
- Cut out pieces using a utility knife with a very sharp blade or a serrated kitchen knife; wax the knife blade with an old candle for easier cutting.
- Paint all edges, including the 12" x 12" square, with acrylic craft paint. Let dry.
- Cut scrapbook papers to fit foam pieces.
- Spread a very thin, even layer of glue on foam piece and adhere corresponding paper; if needed, secure corners with craft pins till dry. Repeat till all foam pieces are covered. Let dry. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and will smooth out as the glue dries.)
- Using low-temp glue, assemble the sculpture following the assembly diagram.
- For additional reinforcement, glue craft sticks to reverse side to connect the pieces; be sure craft sticks are not visible from the front.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow