Embellished Antique Mirror
This DIY mirror project from Susan Weckesser is a thrifty way to update an old mirror. Add some style to your home with this embellished antique mirror.
- Antique mirror
- Painter's tape
- Acrylic Paint: Gecko, Turqouise, Antiquw White
- Color Float
- Crackle medium
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks from Ranger
- Beach glass
- I found this lovely old antique mirror for sale at a really good price, so I decided to buy it and recycled it. First I took some painter's tape and cardstock and I covered over the mirror.
- I then gave it a lovely coat of acrylic paint. I used Gecko, and Turquoise and mixed in splashes of Antique White. With my Gecko I used a Color Float so I could play with the color and decide where I wanted to put it. I also applied a crackle medium.
- After the crackle medium was dry I put some Tim Holtz Distress Inks from Ranger on a cloth and rubbed it gently into the distressed cracked to complete my age look.
- I then glue on some beach glass. I LOVE beach glass!
- I also glued on some nifty buttons.
- After a bit of lace and rhinestones, my antique mirror is now complete!
Read NextDollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier