Try this kids cardboard craft to make your own cardboard vase. Sponge painting and glitter make the vase stylish enough to decorate your home, even though it's made of cardboard.
- Corrugated Cardboard, 3 feet by 4 feet
- Heavy duty tacky glue
- Rubber bands
- Acrylic Paint
- Elmer's Glue
- Roll cardboard into a hexagon shape.
- Use heavy duty tacky glue to keep the seams of cardboard together. I also put rubber bands over for extra securing.
- Sponge paint all over the vase with acrylic paint. I used fall colors and an old sponge that I cut up and dipped in the paint.
- After the paint is dried, go around the vase and dab Elmer's glue and splash glitter randomly with fall colors of glitter.
- Stuff several sheets of newspaper inside that will hold up any floral stems that you buy.
Read NextHoney Bee Vase
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 16, 2011
Putting something heavy (like pebbles or marbles) in the bottom will help keep it from being top heavy. Love this!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use