Song of the Violet Flower Block Vase
Use simple glass painting tips and techniques to create this Song of the Violet Flower Block Vase. Great for presenting a gift to mom or a teacher, this simple project is a fun and easy way to liven up a flower vase. Fill your vase block with flowers, colorful stones, or even small candies for a stunning table decoration that's perfect for all your spring and summer celebrations.
- KraftyBlok™ Original (7.5 x 7.5)
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil #32256 – Birds & Berries
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Adhesive Spray
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers Set - Item # 32243 Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Satin Craft Paint Colors: Beetle Black, Sycamore Bark, Spring Pasture, Jacaranda, Wedding Cake and Geranium
- 5 (12 oz.) bags of Clear Glass Marbles
- Rubbing alcohol
- Small pointed brush
- 6 Long Stem Silk Daisies
- 1 Leafy-filler Silk Stem
- Paper Towels and Newspaper
Cover the work area with craft or newspaper.
Position the KraftyBlok™ so that the hole is at the top. Plan your design. You may use the design pictured or you may want to create your own pattern.
Wipe KraftyBlok™ surface with rubbing alcohol to remove any oily residue.
Spray back of the birds & berries stencil with stencil adhesive spray.
Place the stencil on KraftyBlok™ surface.
Pour a small amount of paint colors on your palette. When loading paint on pouncers, load it sparingly and dab off excess.
Lightly dab with pouncer on a thin layer sycamore bark paint and stencil the branches first. Apply a second coat if necessary. Remove stencil and let dry.
Follow the same steps for each stenciled part of the design (letting paint dry in between each step). Stencil leaves with spring pasture paint. Stencil birds with geranium paint. Stencil flowers with jacaranda paint.
Paint a small dot in the center of each flower using beetle black paint. Let dry. Paint a smaller dot inside of the beetle black dot using wedding cake paint.
Pour the glass marbles into the hole at the top of the KraftyBlok™.
- Insert your silk flower stems into the marbles in the KraftyBlok™ and arrange. Enjoy!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Vases"
Find decorative vase crafts including vase painting crafts, paper vase crafts and more.
There are no records