Easy Mason Jar Vase
You can never find too many Mason jar craft ideas. This Easy Mason Jar Vase is just what you need to add to your collection of upcycled jars. Don't forget about our pickle jar friends and make sure you put them to use this season, too. These jars can store a lot and are very easy to paint. Glass jar crafts look great in any room of the house. They are just simple enough to match any room decor. You already have many of these materials lying around your home, so put them to good use with this Easy Mason Jar Vase.
- Removable Self Adhesive Vinyl
- X-Acto knife
- Acrylic paint
- Foam brush
- Cookie tray
- Make a cross stencil out of Removable Self Adhesive Vinyl (that you can find at the dollar store) and an X-Acto knife.
- Stick the stencil on the jar and use simple inexpensive acrylic paint and a foam brush to dab the paint on.
- Apply the paint in thin layers vs thick to allow for additional paint layers.
- While the paint is still wet on the white cross one, pull off the stencil.
- Touch up the parts that peeled off with the stencil.
- Once the paint is dry, bake them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes to seal the paint and make them waterproof. You basically take the jars and put them on a cookie tray into a cold oven. Turn on the heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes (this includes the warm up time). After 30 minutes turn off the oven and leave the jars inside the oven until they cool down. Don’t take them out and immerse them in cold water or whatnot or they may crack. Once they’re cool feel free to use them at will. Do not forget this part or they will not be waterproof.
Read NextCardboard and Twine DIY Vase