Strawberry Fairy Vase
This Strawberry Fairy Vase is a fun and simple painting project for the novice painter. Great for holding branches or flowers (or even for serving fresh strawberries), this vase is great for a summer party and makes a lovely housewarming gift. The painted strawberry is good enough to eat, and everyone is sure to be surprised and amazed that you painted it yourself!
- Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque in Light Kiwi and Neon Red
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs
- Wavy Ice Cream Dish (28571)
- Signature Brushes: No. 1 Liner, No. 6 Round, No. 6 Fan Glaze
- Duncan® Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Container for water
- Potter’s sponge
Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
Use pencil to lightly sketch a large strawberry and cap on the dish.
Using the No. 1 Liner, paint three coats Light Kiwi in the strawberry cap. Also paint dots on the strawberry with three coats Light Kiwi for the seeds on the berry. Let dry after each coat.
Use either the No. 1 Liner or No. 6 Round to carefully fill in the strawberry with three coats of Neon Red. Let dry after each coat. Be careful to paint around the Light Kiwi seeds.
Use sponge to apply one coat of Pure Brilliance to the entire piece. Let dry.
Use the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush to apply a second coat of Pure Brilliance to the entire piece. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
Read NextDIY Hexagon Vase
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.