Mini Conversation Heart Gift Boxes
Create customized conversation hearts to hand out for Valentine's Day! These Mini Conversation Heart Gift Boxes from Crystal Donnelly are a great way to show someone you care...and you can write whatever you'd like on the box!
- Mini paper Mache heart boxes (pack of 6)
- Acrylic paint in pastel colors--pink, green, lavender, lemon yellow, and blue
- Gold acrylic paint
- Small paintbrush
- Fine line marker in rose or pink
- Pencil with eraser
- Paper plates for paint
- Cover your work surface with paper to protect it. Paint the inside of each box with gold metallic paint. Let dry.
- Paint each box a different pastel color and let dry. When dry add a second coat of paint if needed. Yellow paint sometimes needs three coats. Let dry completely.
- Use the examples given to write the sayings on the top of each box or personalize with some of your own with the fine line pink/rose marker. The height for the lettering should be approximately ¾ of an inch. It is not that important to be perfect. The candy hearts themselves are not always perfect! If you are a bit leery about lettering, than lightly write the saying in pencil and then go over it with the marker.
Read NextHeart Felt Ornaments Tutorial