Bunny Sock Puppets
Making a sock puppet is always great fun. With a cute Valentine themed sock, these Bunny Sock Puppets from I Love to Create can be great Valentine's Day crafts for young children. Since there's no hot glue gun involved, it would also be a fun classroom activity!
- Crafty Chica® Extreme Embellishment Glue™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ (300 Clear Pack)
- Pompoms – large and small – colors to match
- Chenille stems – coordinating color
- Straight pins
- Felt – 2 colors (light and dark) to match socks
- Socks – desired colors and patterns
- Trace two small hearts on darker color felt and two large hearts on lighter color felt and cut out. Repeat for additional socks.
- Use Extreme Embellishment Glue to adhere small hearts centered on top of large hearts as shown. Lay sock heel side up and glue hearts on each side of heel. Hold hearts in place with clothespins until dry.
- Cut two ½” circles from lighter color felt and two ½” arches from darker color felt for eyelids.
- Glue arches to the top edges of circles then glue a crystal under the arches to create eyes. Glue eyes on sock just under heel, using photo as a guide for placement. Hold in place with straight pins until dry.
- Glue smaller pompom under eyes where shown to create nose. Cut chenille stem in half and glue under pompom. Hold in place with pins until dry.
- Glue large pompom near top of sock for tail, using photo as guide for placement.
- Let all pieces dry completely, then remove pins and clothespins.
- Place one hand inside sock and use other hand to push the toe into the palm of hand inside sock to create mouth.
Read NextCrochet Valentine Hearts Afghan