The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Flower Bath Foam Scrubbies
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"While searching for hostess gift ideas, imagine my surprise to see an Eva Sponge included in a Spa Gift Basket! For those of you who don't know what "eva" means in the crafting world - they're referring to those "foam sheets" you find in the kiddie section of craft stores! Yep, that's right, foam sheets! I've made lots of crafts using foam sheets so I knew right away I could easily make something like this! Heck, yeah!"
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Foam Sheets - 12" x 18"
- White twine
- Rubber Band (large, thin)
- Skewer stick
- Flower template
Begin by creating a template of petals. I drew a larger petal first and copied that five times next to each other and then drew a smaller one to copy five times, combining all the petals into a strip. The larger petal is 2 1/4" tall x 1 1/4" wide and the smaller one is half that width.
Next, use the tip of a wood skewer to outline the petals on the foam sheets. I used the entire length of the sheets (18") and outlined three rows to cut out.
Once the rows of petals are cut out, it's time to make the hanging rope by braiding four strands of 15" white twine.
Once the twine is braided, tie the braided ends together in a loop, cutting off excess twine.
To make the scrubbie, place the strips of foam petals on top of each other, staggering the pieces so that the longer length end is on the outside, then the next length and the shortest on top.
Begin rolling the foam sheets together starting with the smaller petals. Be sure to roll tight while keeping the edges straight. The strips are staggered near the end as you roll.
Once you've reached the end, hold tight while wrapping a large, thin rubber band around about a 1/4 inch away from the edge as many times as you can for tightness and to hold the foam in place.
Next, tie a strand of white twine as tight as you can over the rubber band, tying in two or three knots to secure. Then cut off the rubber band and the excess twine near the tied knots.
Push the outside petals down and out and it's done!
NotesHow cute is this for bath or shower! And great as a gift, too!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Learn how to make a tree of life out of an old bike wheel! Bicycle wheel crafts like this one are beautiful and thrifty at the same… Continue reading: "Tree of Life Bicycle Wheel Craft"
- Pine Cone Flower Refrigerator Magnets
- DIY Wreaths from Paper Drinking Straws
- Giant Tassel Keychain Easy Yarn Craft
- 15 Minute Macrame Rainbow
- DIY Ultimate Harry Potter Treasure Box
- How To Make Dryer Balls
- A Message from the Editors of FaveCrafts
- Macrame Light Pendant
- Scrap Fabric Birds
- Easy T-Shirt Pillow
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Mystical Mitts
- Easy Fabric Basket In Any Size
- "Vintage" Gold Leaf Resin Bangles
- Diy Raised Garden Bed
- Shrink Plastic and Resin Jewelry
- Cinch Stripes Backpack
- Mini Angel Amigurumi
- Criss Cross Mini Tote
- Mini Bears In Stockings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home