Embossed Keepsake Box
Now you have a pretty place to store shells! Create an Embossed Keepsake Box from Linda Peterson using embossing tools and techniques and display it in a prominent spot. Stash your favorite vacation memorabilia, ticket stubs, exotic finds and more!
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- ArtEmboss Metal sheet- silver
- Alcohol markers in brown, green, blue or other colors of choice
- Craft foam any color
- Ball point pen
- Acrylic Paint – black
- Paint brush
- Paper towels
- Cut the craft foam to the desired size. Cut a rectangle out of the center to create the frame.
- Place the frame onto the colored (back side) of metal sheet.
- Cut edges on a diagonal and fold metal edged over. Flatten with the side of an ink pen.
- Draw a diagonal line on the inside of frame, cut along the lines and fold metal edges over.
- Draw pattern onto front of frame with ball point pen.
- Add color with markers.
- Add a light coat of black paint to top of frame, getting it down into the creases. Wipe away as much as desired.
- Arrange material, and frame onto top of box. Glue to secure. Add any additional embellishments as desired.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Create a Metal Embossed Keepsake Box.