Cute DIY Graduation Gift
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
June is here and that means graduation parties are in full swing. Make your recent graduate a handmade gift this year with the Cute DIY Graduation Gift. This is the perfect gift to give to your son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandchild or family friend. Also, this easy handmade gift will save you time and money. Add this project to your DIY grad gifts ideas because it is a great way to wish your graduate congratulations and you only need a few materials to make it.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Small Spice Bottle
- Black Cardstock
- Cricut Explore
- Tassel (or Thread)
- Needle & Thread
- Craft Bead
- Glue Gun
For more free craft projects from Jamie, check out Tiger Strypes.
Start by removing the tops of the spice jars and saving them for a different use.
Use the Cricut Explore to cut out some squares that were a bit larger than the diameter of the circle, so that it would be covered completely. You could also do this by hand.
Use some cross-stitch thread and tape it on the back.
Punch the needle through the center and secured the tassel onto the cap. Finish it off with just a small craft knot so that it would be a bit flatter than a normal one. Trim it off as close as you can to finish.
Add a dot of hot glue to the middle of the square where the tassel was attached. Using a flat craft bead, cover that up to be the button top of the cap. This finishes the top of the hat and hides where it was sewn.
Use a dot of glue on the cap of the spice bottle to attach the top portion. Make sure to push it in the center once all is attached so that you ensure everything is secure.
Fill the spice bottle with money or candy for your graduate.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Toilet Paper Pumpkins
- Homemade Lavender Linen Spray
- DIY Halloween Mixed Media Wine Bottles
- Crocheted Sleeveless Baby Dress Pattern
- Layered Fabric Flowers Tutorial
- Easy DIY Halloween Potion Bottles
- Simply Charmed DIY Necklace
- DIY Baby Shower Cake Topper
- Freestyle Die Cutting Machine
- DIY Spellbook Halloween Craft
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home