Tin Can Pencil Holder
Decorate a Tin Can Pencil Holder with your favorite characters or celebrities, like this one from Alyice Edrich. Tin can crafts are great for kids, too. Teachers can also use these pencil holders as recycle crafts for kids in the classroom.
- Tin can
- Old book or magazine
- Spray paint
- Acrylic paints
- Decoupage glue
- Paint brush
- Acrylic Sealer
- Face mask
- Remove the label from a can of vegetables, then wash and dry the empty can.
- Put on a mask, then spray the inside and outside of the can and let dry for at least 3 hours.
- Rip your favorite picture or text out of an old book or magazine.
- Paint the outside of the can by dry-brushing various colors onto the can, allowing the base color to show through and let dry.
- Decoupage the torn paper onto the can and let dry.
- Put on a mask, then spray the inside and outside of the can with Acrylic sealer and let dry overnight.
- Repeat step six.
- Repeat the above steps to cover bookends, staplers, catch alls, and other various desktop organizers.
Read Next15 Minute No Sew T-Shirt Bag DIY