Rustic and Simple DIY Jewelry Tree
A DIY jewelry organizer like this one is both decorative and functional!
Use materials from nature to make a literal DIY jewelry tree! Wrap twine around branches and "plant" them in a chic pot with decorative moss for a jewelry organizer with a rustic look. Spend an afternoon with the kids gathering branches from your yard that have several smaller twigs branching off. The more intricate your branches, the better! From there you will have your main material already on hand to make this organizer. You have a great deal of flexibility with the size and location of the organizer, making it perfect for any crafter! Make a jewelry display in neutral colors so the jewelry itself really shines.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
Project TypeMake a Project
- Rustic and Simple DIY Jewelry Tree
- Westcott Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Westcott Scissors
- Plaster of paris
- A stick to stir the plaster of paris
- Container for base (ceramic plant pot, with no hole in the base)
- Strong tape (optional)
- Moss for decoration (optional)
From Westcott: "Put your earrings and necklaces on display with this decorative piece, a cute addition to your dresser or bathroom counter!"
Strip any loose bark away from the branches, rinse away any soil, and allow to fully dry indoors next to a radiator.
Gather branches and tape them together at the base. You can cheat a little by using the Westcott Glue Gun and tape to add extra twigs where needed! Cut twine into manageable lengths, and apply the glue, using your Westcott Glue Gun, in a strip along the branch, approximately 1 cm at a time. Wrap twine, then add more glue further along the branch, and so on.
Once branches are fully wrapped, mix the plaster of paris and water into your chosen base. Leave space for decoration once dry, to hide the plaster. Stand branches upright and support against a wall.
Once plaster is fully dry, drizzle some glue to the plaster and add some reindeer moss for decoration. Sand, soil or pebbles are other options.
Finished! Enjoy your new bespoke jewelry tree.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 24th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in your account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 23rd, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Do you have a method for organizing or displaying your jewelry? What does it look like?
Read NextFramed Earring Organizer