Polka Dot Key Holder
These home decor craft ideas from Beacon Adhesives are perfect for updating your home on a budget! Make decoupage furniture like this polka dot key holder and you can turn your favorite patterned paper into a cute shelf to hold all of your keys.
- Zip-Dy Paper Glue
- Wood key holder approximately 6” x 7”
- Daisy flower punch
- Decorative edge scissors
- Alphabet letters
- Green sage paint
- Tan cardstock
- Green & white polkadot cardstock
- Gold flat back pearl
- Dark green decorative paper
- Ruler, pencil, scissors, saw tooth hanger (optional)
- Paint outside of key holder using sage paint and brush. Let dry and then add another coat for complete coverage.
- Place top part of key holder on back of the polkadot cardstock and trace around the top edge with a pencil onto a piece of paper. Using this as a pattern, cut out the polkadot cardstock just a bit smaller. Glue to the front of the key holder with ZIP DRY as in the photo.
- Measure and cut more of the polkadot paper to cover the side, top, and back of the key holder and glue in place. Measure and cut another piece to fit inside the holder and glue down.
- Cut an oval about 1 ½” X 2” with the decorative scissors from the darker green paper and glue above the door.
- Punch out two daisies from the tan cardstock. Glue one on top of the other and then onto the green oval. Glue the pearl to the daisy’s center.
- Add the word KEYS to the top of the door. Add a hanger on the back if desired.