11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Chalk Paint Pantry Jars
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"These painted chalk labels are a cool way of organizing all those glass jars in the kitchen and are so quick and easy to do, its ridiculous! They make a huge difference in kitchen organization and would make a great gift idea, especially with Christmas just around the corner."
To make this free craft pattern, we recommend the following materials. They can be found for a discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
- Chalkboard Label Stickers
- Glass Jars
- Glass jars
- Black Chalk Paint
- Paint brush
- Painters tape
First things first, you need a bunch of jars. Second hand stores are a great place to find cheap ones, but new ones are perfect too. Give the jars a good clean and dry.
Place 4 strips of painters tape on the glass jar to form a rectangle. Inside the tape is where the chalk paint will go, so the tape works as a guide to get straight lines and as a barrier to prevent the paint going anywhere else.
Using the pot scourer, rub over the glass rectangle. This works to scratch up the surface of the glass a little so the in paint will adhere better. Thats the theory anyway.
Give the chalk paint a good shake before opening and then a good stir. Paint the chalk paint in the rectangle. Let it dry, then apply another coat, repeat coats until there is good paint coverage. Then leave to dry for the final time.
Once completely dry, carefully remove the painters tape one strip at a time. This is an easy job if youve used painters tape, which doesnt leave residue.
You may need to use a skewer or something similar to scratch off any paint over run if any. Then the final step is to get the chalk pen out and start labeling and then your all done!!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Turn your home into a winter wonderland with these homemade white pom pom ornaments. These super simple white pom poms were… Continue reading: "Classically Simple Pom Pom Ornaments"
- Recycled Milk Carton Stationery Organizer
- Paper Box Desk Organizer
- Framed Earring Organizer
- DIY Mason Storage Jars
- Paint Storage Solution
- Pottery Barn Wall Organizer
- Recycled Water Bottle Supply Organizer
- Craft Room in a Jar
- 17 Ideas for Decorating on a Budget: Craft Room
- Storage Station with PVC Cubbies
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Spring Cheer Scarf
- On-the-go Case
- Messy Bun Bunny Applique Crochet Ribbed Hat
- How To Make A Burp Cloth With Baby's Name On It
- How To Make A Burp Cloth From A Diaper
- Crazy About Container Gardening
- Create Your Own Mosaic Garden Stone
- Miniature Farm Window Box Planter
- Pig Bitty Bumble
- Rustic Farmhouse Welcome Wreath For Spring
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home