Host a [sham]rockin' party with this shamrock centerpiece from Consumer Crafts. These St. Patrick Day party ideas are the perfect way to observe the holiday.
- Foam Green Discs Item #01071P
- Silver Tulle Item #2913-25
- Apple Green Tulle Item #2913-41
- Pearlized Stamens Item #02PFS-21-P
- Corsage Pins 2.5″ Item # 38006
- Silver Bowdabra Bow Wire Item # BOW3060
- Brass Head Pin Item #1880-12
- Green Seed Bead Item# 1101-43
- Double Gypso Faux Flower Spray Item #DS-104-00
- Florist Wire Lime Item #1186-51
- 24 gauge Jewelry Wire Item #32030-4
- I began by following the Tulle Flower Tutorial to make four green and silver tulle flowers. Please note I omitted the floral leaves.
- Next, I used the Cutting Styrofoam Tutorial to cut 4 hearts and a clover stem. I then glued the pieces together with tacky glue, and let dry. I used the tacky glue liberally and waited an entire day for it to dry.
- Once the glue was dry I used a hot glue gun to attach green ribbon around the edges of the clover. The hot glue worked really well to attach the ribbon to the Styrofoam, however, experiment first with a scrap piece of Styrofoam because often the hot glue will melt the Styrofoam. When using the hot glue run a thin bead of glue along the Styrofoam and immediately attach the ribbon.
- Now, place the tulle flowers into the center of the Styrofoam clover. Then using white petals that you disassembled from a faux flower spray (item #DS-104-00) attach them to the Styrofoam using brass head pins threaded with small green seed beads.
- Place the small flowers with bead centers around the entire floral arrangement.
- Next, form a clover from the lime green florist wire. Forming the clover is a delicate process. First, begin by unraveling several feet of the wire and then slowly start to form the clover. To form the indents on each clover petal use something hard like the edge of a screw driver. Complete the clover by wrapping the floral wire with jewelry wire and small green seed beads.
- Finish the arrangement by inserting the wire clover into the center of your arrangement. Place the floral arrangement on your table as a St. Patty’s Day Centerpiece.