Irish Shamrock Plate
Use Envision glazes and Signature brushes to create a shamrock plate in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day. This easy project is complete with a pattern to help fool your guests into thinking you bought this festive plate.
Find more St. Patrick's Day crafts, recipes and fun facts in our FREE St. Patrick's Day eBook.
- Signature Brushes
- SB 802 No. 1 Liner
- SB 806 No. 6 Round
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- Envision™ Glazes
- IN 1057 Iced Mint
- IN 1061 Light Kelp
- E-Z Stroke™ Translucent Underglazes
- EZ 033 Ivy Green
- Clear Glazes
- IN 1001 Envision Clear Glaze
- Duncan Mold, Flower Plate DM 228
- Clay carbon
For pattern, click here.
- Clean greenware and fire to shelf cone 04.
- Transfer pattern to ware using a pencil and clay carbon.
- Load the SB 806 No 6 Round with IN 1057 Iced Mint and pull one side of brush through IN 1062 Light Kelp. Keeping the darker color to outer edge of shamrock use a press, pull and lift stroke working from outer edge towards center to pull in each section of the shamrock. Reload brush as necessary and apply two (2) coats.
- Load the SB 802 No 1 Liner as in step 3 and pull in stems to shamrocks.
- Use the Round to apply two (2) coats of IN 1061 Light Kelp to outer and center raised edges of plate.
- Load the SB 802 No 1 Liner with slightly thinned EZ 033 Ivy Green and detail shamrocks.
- When dry, apply two (2) coats of IN 1001 Clear to entire plate using the SB 807 No 6 Fan Glaze.
- Let dry, stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
For more project ideas, go to ilovetocreate.com