Guest Towel for St. Patrick's Day
This embroidered towel is a great St. Patrick's Day project. Guests will love the shamrock pattern and unique ruffled border. Hang it in your guest bath throughout March or keep it up year round.
Find this craft project and many more in the 40-page St. Patrick's Day Crafts and Recipes eBook.
- Brother Sewing/Embroidery machine such as the Duetta™ 4500D or Quattro™ 6000D
- Brother Embroidery Card SA377 Holidays Design #8
- Brother Aqua-Melt Adhesive Backed Stabilizer SA5906
- Brother Ruffler Foot SA143
- Brother embroidery thread
- 4” x 4” or larger embroidery hoop for the machine (optional Brother Border Hoop)
- Blank Towel
- Coordinating Fabric
- Coordinating Ribbon
Creating the Embroidery:
Open Embroidery Edit on a machine such as a Duetta or Quattro.
Place the embroidery card in the machine. Select Design #8, press SET and EDIT END.
Duplicate border design to fit the size hoop you are using.
Choose the thread mark option and place a thread mark in the outside corner of entire design.
Hoop the adhesive back stabilizer. Remove protective sheet to expose sticky surface.
Center the area to be embroidered on the adhesive back stabilizer and press in place.
If using the continuous border hoop, place the stabilizer directly on the towel and position in the hoop centering the towel appropriately.
Stitch the first design.
- Remove from the hoop and rehoop to continue the border design.
Finishing the Towel:
To create the ruffle border, cut a strip 3 times the width of the towel to allow for gathering.
The width of the ruffle is a personal preference. The ruffle in the picture was cut at 4” allowing for a generous ¼ seam allowance. Fold in half, to create a 2” strip and press.
Gather using the Ruffler Foot.
Stitch to the bottom of the towel.
- Add the decorative ribbon to cover the raw edge of the ruffle.