Upcycled Purse Or Tote Bag
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the Designer: "This project is so fun and easy to do for even beginner crafters. My daughter and I had a lot of fun making our DIY Purses, this is such an easy DIY for kids. We added a couple of buttons to hide the stitching on the straps as well as an iron-on patch but you can decorate your purse however you would like. What you will need to create your own DIY Purse Upcycle from Kids Clothes is: Needle Thread Skirt Scissors The possibilities are endless for decorating your purse but a few easy ways to add a little flair are buttons, iron-on patch, bedazzling, or sewing on different colored fabric to show your personality."
NotesThis is a great way to practice basic sewing skills and reuse something that may have otherwise been thrown away. If you don't already have a stash of old clothes, hit up a thrift store or garage sale and pick up clothes in the color or style of purse you would enjoy most.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Cut the waistband off and save that part to sew back on as a strap. The line doesn’t have to be perfect, you can cut off the excess fabric to even it out when done with this step.
Sew the bottom of the skirt closed from one end to the other. To be sure that you don’t lose any of your precious items, go ahead and sew another line across the bottom.
Take the waistband that you cut off and sew each end to the inside of the purse, where you cut the waistband from.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone loves super easy crochet afghan patterns, and this Foolproof Afghan really fits the bill. This one skein pattern is warm,… Continue reading: "Foolproof Afghan Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Candle Holder
- Diy Princess Board Game
- Frozen Inspired Magic Wand
- Princess Merida From Brave Paper Doll Craft
- Alpaca Craft From Peru
- Princess Rapunzel Paper Doll Craft
- VOTE for the Best Stay Home and Craft Project!
- Easy, Colorful Pen/Craft Organizer
- Raised Garden Project
- Succulent Planters Made From Recycled Food Containers
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home