Lovable Monster Doll
Don't call this little guy ugly! Kids (and childlike adults) will fall in love with this DIY plushie. A Lovable Monster Doll from Heather Valentine is so easy to make. Use fabric scraps or repurpose and old piece of clothing to create your very own doll.
- Ric rac trim
- Fabric scraps (I reclaimed an old cord skirt & a piece of tee shirt from the Kitty)
- Double sided fusible
- Cut a piece of ric rac about 5″ long and toss it in the laundry and watch what comes out! (so fun)
- To create eyes, I used double sided fusible and cut circles from scrap fabric.
- Then, I just free formed this guy. No real shape here, just fun!
- Machine tack the eyebrows in place; position and fuse eyes; add a heart detail and maybe some stitching for fun. To create the mouth- straight stitch a line and then go back over with zig zag. (I like to leave part of the straight stitch exposed on each side.)
- With right sides together, match front and back. Pin in place and straight stitch all around, leaving approx 2 1/2″ open at the bottom. Depending on your shape, trim corners, clip curves and turn right side out. Lightly press.
- Fill with stuffing.
- Pin and slip stitch the bottom opening closed.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make an Animal Love Stuffed Doll.