Hot Curling Iron Travel Pouches
You CAN travel with your favorite curling iron once you make this free sewing pattern.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Make some Hot looking and On Trend Looking Travel Pouches for your curling irons, that are heat resistant, and keep your suitcase contents safe from damage on your next trip. Great beginner project that can be completed in an evening. Make one for yourself and one for your friend, it's that easy! Note: please use caution. Remember to unplug and let the curling iron cool before storing."
Traveling without your curling iron or hair straightener is just not an option. While vacation and travel is time to wind down, that doesn’t mean you want to walk around with a bad hair day. This is why the Hot Curling Iron Travel Pouches should absolutely be your next sewing project. These DIY travel pouches for hot items are made out of Oly Fun Fabric, a material that can actually withstand the heat of an iron. No longer will you have to skip the straightener before the airport when you create this cuties.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Oly-Fun Metallic Fabrics by Fairfield. 3 pieces cut in 12 by 12 inch (or 30cm) squares
- Sewing Machine
- Double folded seam binding
Create your own pattern by measuring length and width of curling iron, adding a few inches to each measurement and transferring to paper with a pencil. Draw a rectangle. Make bottom two corners rounded by using a small plate or lid as a template.
Cut out fabric.
Cut our pockets if wanted by using the same pattern and adjusting the height to make smaller pockets.
Stack and fold fabric length wise, wrong sides together.
Attach seam binding and create a loop if you like. Sew down side and around bottom leaving top open.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone loves super easy crochet afghan patterns, and this Foolproof Afghan really fits the bill. This one skein pattern is warm,… Continue reading: "Foolproof Afghan Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paper Mache Decorative Fruit Bowl
- Rustic Felted Crochet Bowl With Wooden Handles
- Cute Pyramid Pouch- Free Pattern
- Sore Muscle Bath Sale Recipe
- Vibrant 4-hour Crochet Table Runner
- Free Pirate Word Search And Word Scramble For Kids
- Churn Dash Quilt Block (in 4 Sizes!)
- Half Square Triangles - 4 At A Time Method
- Free Hobbies Word Search And Word Scramble For Kids
- Crochet Candle Holder
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home